Hey guys! Today I’m delighted to be giving away one of my travel photography courses, plus in partnership with Trover, we’re giving away a $250 USD Expedia travel voucher as well! This is open to anyone around the world.
Entry is super easy, all the details are below. If you’re itching to enter, feel free to scroll down.
Otherwise, here’s a quick overview of what you’re going to win!
There’s going to be one winner, and they are going to win a copy of my online travel photography course, and a $250 USD Expedia travel voucher.
My Travel Photography Course
I am often asked for help and advice from people around the world with their photography, and I have led workshops and given talks at events and destinations around the world. It turned out though, that not everyone who wanted to come to these could make it, so I decided to put everything I knew about photography into an incredibly comprehensive online course.
The course assumes zero starting knowledge, and walks you through everything right from the basics. With 33 lessons, it’s really got something for everyone, with all the basic knowledge you need to master your camera, through to information on gear, advanced photography techniques like long-exposures, astrophotography, and HDR. It also covers post-processing, mobile photography, and even how to turn your hobby into a profession, and how to start making a living through photography.
I poured nearly half a year into creating the course, and feedback from students has been overwhelmingly positive. You can check the course out here.
The Expedia Voucher from Trover
As you may know, I’ve been talking about Trover for a while here on the blog. In case you’re not up to speed, it’s an app and a website to help you discover all the awesome things around you – be those attractions, places to eat, or just a great view.
I love how easy the app makes it to find fun new places in the world around me – I’ve discovered new locations in destinations I thought I knew well, and used it to plan whole days out. They also run regular competitions (like this one!) with fantastic prizes, so definitely a community worth checking out and joining.
Trover is part of the Expedia family, they’ve kindly donated a $250 Expedia voucher as a prize to the sweepstakes winner.
How to Enter
Entry is super simple!
All you have to do is head over to the Trover website and upload an image along the theme of “Finding the Universe”. That’s a pretty broad description. The idea is that you share some of your favourite places in the world with the Trover community, and pop in a description as to where it is and what makes it so awesome. I’ll leave the interpretation up to you!
Then, at the end of the description, put the text: #FindingtheUniverse That part is super important as it lets us find the images that were entered.
The winner will be picked at random from all the entries, and yes, you can enter more than once – just use a different photo each time! The contest is running until the 26th February at 18:00 (6:00pm) GMT – so get uploading!
Let’s run through that:
- Head over to Trover
- Sign-in (or sign-up, if you’re new!)
- Choose “add a photo” from the top navigation bar
- Pick a photo you want to upload and upload it
- Enter a snazzy description of the photo
- Include the text #FindingtheUniverse in your photo description so I can find it!
Note that only new uploads to Trover will count as entries, adding the hashtag to photos you’ve previously uploaded won’t be counted as entries.
That’s it! Good luck!
The Inevitable Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is: Finding the Universe
2.Finding the Universe contributors, Trover and their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition including helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. The sweepstakes is open worldwide except in countries where participation is against the law
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this sweepstakes.
5. Route to entry for the sweepstakes and details of how to enter are via blog post on Finding the Universe
6. Closing date for entry is 18:00 GMT 26th February 2017. After this date no further entries will be permitted. Multiple entries per participant will be considered. Only new uploads to Trover will be considered. Incomplete, incorrect or otherwise invalid entries will not be considered. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The prize for the winner is as follows: one Expedia Travel Voucher worth $250 USD and 1x Photography Course, worth $99.
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice and for any reason. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and the promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be drawn at random by Finding the Universe from all valid entries received on the Trover website
12. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The winner consents to their name, postal address and mobile contact number to be passed on to Trover for the purposes of fulfilling the prize.
14. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
15. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by UK law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the UK.
I often get asked what gear I use for my photos. Check out my full Photography Gear post to find out!