Why partner with Finding the Universe?
Thank you for your interest in sharing your product with the readership of independent travel and photography blog Finding the Universe, written by the travelling, writing and photography partnership of Laurence Norah and Vera Wolters. All work featured on the site belongs to the authors, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
We also offer independant consulting services beyond the blog, ranging from photography, to social media, to translation services. Please see this page for more information
The site targets independent travellers who want information on travel to a wide range of destinations. Articles are all accompanied by fantastic photography created by the site authors.
As of 2013, the site is also available in a German language edition at findingtheuniverse.de, and we are happy to discuss how we can share your product in both English and German.
If you want the story of your product told through stunning photos and presented with a unique and unbiased travellers voice, to a worldwide audience of independent travellers and photography enthusiasts, then you are in the right place!
You can download a copy of the Finding the Universe media kit from this link, for offline reference and more ideas.
Our average monthly stats (up to date as of April 2013):
- ~30,000 unique visitors per month from around the world
- a predominantly English speaking audience of travel and photography enthusiasts.
- Over 10,000 Facebook fans
- Over 8,000 Twitter followers.
- 650+ RSS subscribers
- Google PageRank of 3
- Alexa Rank of 80,000 worldwide
- 1250+ Instagram followers
Our preferred advertising relationship is one where we collaborate on a product or service offering, which we experience and then write about for our readers.
As an example of something like this, take a look at the series of posts we did for the partnership we had with Roomorama.com and the Barcelona tourism office. We provided a unique voice and perspective, as well as captivating imagery, to help promote the Spanish city in conjunction with the peer to peer accommodation provider.
We offer a variety of options for advertising, from tailored posts through to banner ads, as detailed below. Please contact us, laurence at findingtheuniverse dot com to discuss options and rates. Payment is accepted via PayPal, with a standard 4% processing fee added to all quotes.
Some example options for advertising with the site are below. For more details, please get in touch via e-mail, or via our contact form.
- Product review. If you have a product or service that you would like us to review or endorse on the site, we are open to doing so. Please get in touch so we can discuss your product and how we can best share it with our readers. The best way for us to share a product / service is to experience it first hand, and pass on our honest thoughts and feedback to our readers. For examples of reviews of various services, from luxury villas to travel clothing, see this series of review posts.
- Support our posts. This advertising option allows you to be featured in one of our posts, with your product or site mentioned. Please get in touch for more information as to how this can benefit you. We will not recommend a product or service to our readers that we are not comfortable using ourselves, so option 1 is always likely to be the best way forward.
- Guest posting. We Are willing to work with you on creating a post featuring your product or site if it is a good match for our site theme and style, and the product you want to sell. Please get in touch to discuss this further.
- Banner advertising. We have a number of banner ad spots and sizes available. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements and pricing.
- Competitions. You sponsor a competition to give away a product or voucher, either on its own or in conjunction with a review. Please get in touch to discuss how we can work together to offer our readers something exciting.
If you'd like to know more about how we can work together to meet your needs and objectives, and to obtain a quote for our services, please either e-mail us directly at laurence at findingtheuniverse dot com, or use the site contact form.
Note to our readers: some of the content on this site, including links, images or guest posts, will be advertising content that we were compensated for. Some of the banners on the site are provided by third party advertising parties. We'll not recommend a product or service that we wouldn't be happy to use ourselves, and we will never offer positive coverage in exchange for a product.