Welcome to this month’s giveaways!
Each month we offer at least one giveaway to our loyal readers as a way to say thank you. These may range from anything from luggage to travel clothing to travel vouchers to photography gear.
We strive for these giveaways to be open to as many of our readers and subscribers as possible. However, given rules, legislation, and shipping restrictions, this is not always possible and many of the giveaways do have geographical restrictions (as well as other restrictions) so please be sure to note these before entering a giveaway.
**If you are a brand or company that is interested in featuring a quality travel or photography product or gift voucher, please contact us directly.**
Our Giveaways are Exclusive to our Newsletter Subscribers
We run regular giveaways that are exclusive to our newsletter subscribers. You must be a newsletter subscriber to be eligible for our giveaways. Please enter the giveaways using the name and email you use to receive our emails.
If you sign up to the giveaways and are not a confirmed newsletter subscriber, your entry will be discarded.
If you are not a subscriber and want to sign up to our newsletter, you can sign up using this form:
If you have any questions about subscribing to our newsletter, or don’t receive the confirmation e-mail, please contact us.
Current Giveaway Details: December 2020
This month we have just one giveaway, but it is a fantastic one. We are giving away a box full of travel-related gifts made in the USA, worth over $250!
Giveaway #1 Travel Products Made in the USA (Open Worldwide)
Brand/Manufacturer: Various, all from our USA gift guide
Prize: USA made travel products
Retail Value: USD $262
Giveaway Open to: Worldwide
This month we’re giving away 7 travel-related products that were all made in the United States of America. We’ve got travel products that were made all over the USA.
Our giveaway includes a wide range of goodies from all over the USA. For instance, we’ve got a travel wrap set made in California, a personalized luggage tag made in Arizona, sandals made in Georgia, and we’ve got travel-inspired jewelry and accessories from both Washington and New York.
Here’s specifically what is included in our USA travel gift pack:
- 1 3-piece Happyluxe Travel Set that includes a matching travel wrap, eye mask, and travel pillow (winner’s choice of color), plus a canvas tote bag, made in California, ~$88
- 1 Lifetime Leather personalized luggage tag (winner’s choice of color, design, and personalization), made in Arizona, ~$38
- 1 Nalgene wide-mouth Titan reusable water bottle, 32 oz., (winner’s choice of color), made in New York, ~$12
- 1 pair of Okabashi sandals, your choice of Okabashi Maui Flip Flop (women) or Eurosport flip flops (men), made in Georgia, ~$25
- 1 AeroPress Go Travel Coffee Maker, made in Illinois, ~$32
- 1 sterling silver Ivy By Design world map necklace (winner’s choice of 16 or 18 inch chain), small pendant, made in Washington, ~$36
- 1 map cuff bracelet –OR- belt buckle (winner’s choice of any map design) by December Moon Design, made in New York, ~$31
You can keep them all for yourself, or give some away as gifts to travel-loving friends and family. These would all make perfect stocking stuffers!
If you are looking for more travel products made in the USA, check out our travel gift made in the USA guide.
How to Enter the Giveaway
Please read the rules below to enter the giveaway:
1 – You need to be signed up for our newsletter.
If you get our monthly newsletters, you are eligible!
If you are not a subscriber, you can sign up using the form at the top of the page, or on this page.
If you’re already signed up you don’t need to sign up again and you can skip to the newsletter entry form. When you sign up for our newsletter, you’ll be sent an e-mail to asking you to confirm your sign-up. You’ll need to click the link to confirm and activate your subscription.
2. Check the rules of the giveaway
Before signing up, read over the rules (listed in detail below the entry form) to make sure you are eligible to apply. While we strive to have our giveaway open to all subscribers, some of the giveaways have geographical, residency, age, or other restrictions.
3 – Use the form below to enter the giveaway.
You must use the same e-mail address that you used to sign up to the newsletter with, as we’ll be checking e-mails this way to validate your entry. You must be an active subscriber when we make the draw to be eligible to win!
Enter the Giveaway!
Winners will be randomly drawn with the winner receiving the prize as described above.
The retail value of the giveaway is approximately USD $262.
Applicants must be 18 years or older, have a valid email address, and have a valid mailing address.
Winners will be contacted by the email provided (so please use an email to enter that you check regularly). If a winner does not respond to email within 72 hours, another winner will be chosen.
The winner will be contacted via email by us. Prize items will be mailed directly from the business.
Note you can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time, but you must be an active subscriber when the draw takes place to be eligible to win. Draws take place within a week of the contest closing.
The data entered into the giveaway form will solely be used for the purposes of verifying your entry, checking you are an active newsletter subscriber, and contacting you if you are a winner.
Winners (first name and last initial, and country of residence) will be announced on the bottom of this page and in our monthly newsletter.
Full Giveaway Terms and Conditions
These are the full terms and conditions!
- The promoter is: Finding the Universe & Independent Travel Cats
- Finding the Universe & Independent Travel Cats contributors, and their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the giveaway including helping to set up the giveaway shall not be permitted to enter the giveaway.
- The giveaway is only open to active newsletter subscribers of the Finding the Universe & Independent Travel Cats monthly newsletter.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this giveaway.
- Route to entry for the giveaway and details of how to enter are via this blog post
- You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in the giveaway.
- You must fill out all the requested information in the entry form to be eligible. Incomplete entries will not be considered.
- Closing date for entry is December 29th, 2020 at midnight EST. After this date no further entries to the giveaway will be permitted. Only one entry may be submitted per participant. Multiple entries will not be considered, and will invalidate all entries by the participant. Incomplete, incorrect, or otherwise invalid entries will not be considered. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The prize is as follows: USA travel products, including Happyluxe travel set, travel coffee maker, luggage tag, sandals, water bottle, necklace, and a choice of a map bracelet or belt buckle. See specific items as listed above.
- Any tax liability, including import taxes and duties due to international shipping, is the responsibility of the prize winner
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the giveaway and these terms and conditions without notice and for any reason. Any changes to the giveaway will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and the promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be drawn at random from all valid entries. The odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received. Promoters are not responsible for prize fulfillment nor for any technical failures. The winning entry will be verified. A list of winners will be displayed on this page and published in the monthly newsletter.
- Promoter reserves the right to publish winner’s first name and last initial and country of residence. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner will be notified by email within 10 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 72 hours of notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner consents to providing their name, email, mailing address, and mobile contact number to the promoters for the sole purpose of enabling their prize to be delivered.
- The promoters’ decision in respect of all matters to do with the giveaway will be final.
- By entering this giveaway, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The giveaway and these terms and conditions will be governed by UK law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the UK.
- Images included in the giveaway post may not depict the exact prize, and are for illustrative purposes only.
- Residents of Canada will be required to answer a skill-testing question to claim their prize.
- Void where Prohibited
We wish you the best of luck!
If you have any questions or concerns about the giveaways, please let us know in the Comments section below or email us directly.
Here is a list of our past giveaway winners:
- Louise H. of England, UK won a box full of travel-related gifts made in the UK worth $195
- Bianca P. of North Carolina, USA won $100 worth of PortaPocket travel gear
- Wendy S. of England, UK won £100 of ASDA Photos credit for photo printing and photo gifts
- Stephan G. of California, USA won a copy of our travel photography course worth $129 USD
- Charlotte T. of Alberta, Canada won a $125 USD voucher good towards any products on the Koy Gear online store
- Sarah D. of Belgium won a France mystery box filled with hand-selected French treats and gifts, worth over $150 USD.
- Skye T of South Dakota, USA won an AKASO Brave 7 LE Action Camera, worth $142.99 USD
- Samantha W. of England, UK won a $150 Civitatis voucher to use on any ticket, tour, or activity of her choice
- Julie D. of England won a 2-night stay in a 4-star hotel in Bali, Indonesia, plus 2 guided tours with ForeverVacation. The prize was worth around $500 USD
- Will E. of Rhode Island, USA won a 3-year NordVPN VPN subscription with a total retail value of $125.00
- Rae H. of England, UK won a watch, cuff links, leather cord organizer, a travel coffee mug, a travel photography course, & several other travel gifts with a total retail value of $534.85
- Pamela S. of New York, USA won her choice of travel inspired home decor items from Etsy, worth $125
- Joyce W. of Wales, UK won a Kameleon Rose Ultimate Travel Dress and 5 Way Cardigan, worth GBP £146
- Nick B. of Italy, Wayne K. of South Africa, and Kandy K-L. of Michigan, USA won a copy of Skylum Luminar 4 photo editing software worth USD $89 each
- Susan C. of Ohio, USA who won a travel coffee maker of her choice, worth up to USD $100
- Anthea H. of England, UK who won a cashmere scarf, jewelry, and travel gifts with a value of over $500
- Kate W. of Ontario, Canada who won a USD $200 voucher for any walking tour on the Take Walks website
- Scott F. of England, UK won two 2-day Paris Passes, worth 260 euros
- Regina R. of Portugal, won a copy of our travel photography course worth 129 euros
- Ricky J. of North Carolina, USA won two framed prints of our photos, worth $125
- Jodie R. of Australia won a Tropicfeel bundle including 1 pair of Canyon shoes, 1 pair of Havasu flip flops, 1 Cruiser backpack, and 1 reusable Shopper bag, with a value of $166
- Janni N of Denmark won a pair of Vallerret Photography gloves and Beanie, with a retail value of $136
- Louis D. of Illinois, USA won a GetYourGuide gift card worth $250
- Kiara G of England, UK won an Ovcio Featherlight cashmere scarf worth $125
- Barbara C of Idaho, USA won her choice of gifts worth up to $200 from our gift guide for travelers and gift guide for photographers.
- Ian F. of England, UK won an AKASO V50 Elite action camera worth $140.
- Stephanie L. of California, USA, Heather S. of Ontario, Canada and Christopher S. of New York, USA won a Wanderchain and set of 10 engraved tokens from The Wander Club. A $67 value each. Jill T. of Pennsylvania also won a Wanderchain.
- Jarna P. of Finland won a Tinggly holiday gift card, a $119 value.
- Linda K. of Michigan, USA won a 3-piece Happyluxe travel set. A $88 value.
- Catherine R. of Ontario, Canada won a pair of travel shoes of her choice. She chose a pair of Sorel Joan Explorer winter boots, a $150 value.
- Cynthia R. of Arizona, USA won a $150 gift credit to use to book camping and glamping sites on Hipcamp.
- Kelly J. of New Zealand won her choice of a set of Shacke Pack packing cubes, a Vera Bradley travel pill case, and a Zoppen travel wallet.
- Julie W. of Michigan, USA won a Vanguard VEO 2 GO 235CB carbon fiber tripod and a VEO GO 34M bag with a total value of USD $339.98. Philip B. of England, UK won a VEO 2 GO 204AB aluminum tripod with a value of USD $149.99. Megan K. of England UK, William B. of North Carolina, USA, and Robin S. of Ontario Canada each won a VESTA Mini Tripod with a value of USD $43.99 each.
- Rachael B. of Ohio, USA, won a RavPower Filehub Plus travel router with a value of USD $42.99.
- Ashley S. of Florida, USA won a USD $150 voucher for ScotteVest travel clothing of choice.
- Iain M. of Scotland, UK won a My Webspot Individual Edition WiFi Hotspot and a 20 day usage pass with a retail value of USD $299.
- Gerri T. of Wales, UK was the first prize winner for the online travel photography course and Skylum Lumniar photo editing software, worth USD $198. Abbas K. of Turkey and Patsy B. of Canada also each won a free copy of the Skylum Luminar editing software.
- William T. of Georgia, USA who won a Pad & Quill TechFolio Pro Cord Organizer worth USD $140
- Rotem A. of Israel, Cassandra C. of Missouri, USA, and Carolina R. of Argentina, each of whom won a day tour of their choice for 2 persons from Iceland Travel worth up to USD $700
- Sheila H. of England, UK who won a Melifluos travel wrap worth USD $32
- Carolyn E. of England, UK who won a Happyluxe travel wrap worth USD $56
- David S. of Wisconsin, USA who won 3 custom vintage travel posters from Just Go Travel Studios worth USD $135
- Delyna B. of Australia, who won a Rabbie’s Tour in the UK or Ireland worth up to USD $500
- Goretti R. of Catalonia, Spain, who won a Sony compact camera valued at USD $200
- Becky P. from London, England, UK who won a tour from Travel Talk worth up to USD $1,200.
- Anissa E. from Washington D.C., USA, who won a USD $200 voucher for use to buy a backpack on the Arcido store
- Anke K. from South Africa, who won a USD $200 voucher for any walking tour on the Take Walks website
- Michelle B. from Germany, who won a Travelccessories Toiletry Bag & Travel Laundry Kit with a retail value of USD $100
- Russell C. from England, UK, who won a 5-piece Manta Sleep travel package with a retail value of USD $90
- Toni K. from Kentucky, USA, who won OOO Traveling luggage with a retail value of USD $298
- Gary R. from Ontario, Canada, who won a Tinggly Best in the World travel gift card with a retail value of USD $119
- Tracy C. from Australia, who won a free lifetime subscription to our travel photography course with a retail value of USD $129
- Vicki L. from the USA, who won a custom Passport Map with a retail value of USD $129
- Toni A. of Evansville, IN, USA won a Vanguard VEO 2 235CB Carbon Fiber tripod with a retail value of USD $199
- Kevin C. of Wales, UK won a Thule Subterra Carry-On 55cm with a retail value of GBP £215