This page lists all our photography tips articles. I appreciate there are quite a lot of them, so here are some starting points for you.
If you've recently got a new camera, check out one of these guides for the type of camera you have:
We also have a guide to common camera problems, which should answer many questions you might have about photography.
If you want to understand more about some of the concepts of photography and how a camera works, check out the following:
- How to Compose a Great Photo
- What is a DSLR Camera
- What is the exposure triangle
- A detailed guide to depth of field - what it is and how to achieve it
- An overview of RAW in Photography
There are also some more specific guides to teach you how to take photos in specific situations, including:
- How to Take Pictures of Stars
- How to Photograph the Northern Lights
- How to Photograph Fireworks
- Long Exposure Photography
- Winter Photography Tips
- How to Photograph Indoors
- How to Take Great Photos of Yourself
Finally, if you're looking to take your photography to the next level, check out my travel photography course.
This course covers everything you need to know to start taking truly epic photos - whatever camera and skill level you currently have! I've already taught over 2,000 students how to take better photos - you could be next! Click here to find out more.